Thursday, July 14, 2011

38 / Spider City

There are spiders and bugs everywhere. EVERYWHERE. E V E R Y W H E R E. Except in my apartment, wooo. But everywhere else? Yup.

My last day of teaching is Tuesday next week. I have to write something post-reflective about it to put towards the class I'm getting credit for by being here, so I'll probably put that up then. I don't know what I'm going to say. I never regret coming here, but I feel differently about certain aspects of the experience all the time. Thankfully, there are some I'm always happy about; it's just that they have nothing to do with school or the TaLK Program. 

Two weeks and two days, two weeks and two days.... 

Dr. Koh came from EMU yesterday to look at my school and take everyone from EMU out for dinner. She's here for three days to tour all of our placements and talk to our coworkers & mentor teachers, etc. It was a little surreal to see her here. I'm not going to lie, I was also nervous to be watched in class. Thankfully my kids were somewhat intimidated by having someone new there, so they were decently behaved and quiet. It was a pretty good day. I hope my school was able to say some all right things about me. I never really achieved a close relationship with them, so I don't know what kind of feedback they gave; I also was never really kept an eye on while teaching, so I don't know what they'd have to say about that either. Oh well. 


EDIT: Soo... I've been under the impression that my last day teaching is Tuesday. Apparently it isn't. I'm supposed to go in Monday and Tuesday during the day and deskwarm, but I don't teach. So... Effectively, today was my last day of regular teaching. They're asking me to come in week after next to do "camp". But yeah. Whatt

3 comments:

  1. You made it, Kat! :D You won!

    Are you going straight to South Dakota when you come back?

    ReplyDelete
  2. (this is maria by the way lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

    Nope, I will be in Farmington (: Dunno when I'll actually head to South Dakota, if I do.

    ReplyDelete