Sunday, July 3, 2011

34 / Not Really About Anything

I woke up Saturday with the idea that I would "video blog". This extremely vague piece of inspiration led me to wander outside with my flip camera. In my mind, this was a really great idea and would no doubt give you better insight into my life, Korea, etc. Unfortunately, two things:   

It was so hot outside. For real. Why I thought I could make intelligent commentary about my surroundings in that heat I do not know. 

Turns out, walking around and appearing to talk to yourself in public and/or discreetly film people and things as if you're a waygook spy is seriously a rollercoaster. One minute I was like hey, I don't care who sees me with this camera! I'll film whatever I want and blame my awkwardness on being foreign like I do everytime! and then I'd be ducking away from people like omgomg im not filming you i'm sorryomg. So in essence, I came away with a small clip about nothing in particular. I think I withdraw money from an ATM, show where I buy some groceries occasionally, drink a lemon smoothie, buy water, and go get lunch (kimchi bokkeumbop, which was delicious and had an egg on it.) 

I think that this particular video will remain as something I show people once I get home, so I don't know why I'm telling you about it really, BUT the point is that I will be putting more videos and photos on this blog. Right. 

Apparently tomorrow is July 4th. I guess I should do a lesson about that. So we'll be doing Independence Day straight into Halloween y'all. Why did I decide this week was Halloween? I don't know. Teaching makes me crazy. I also love Halloween, and I'm still homesick so I think a lot about going back to school, and... School also happens to be in fall. So there you have it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment