Monday, July 11, 2011

37 / Sharks and Ice Cream

So, I think I want to be a scuba diver. I had my shark dive yesterday & it was awesome. One of the best things I've done in Korea for sure. Wow. I don't even really know where to start with it, except that I completely recommend it to anyone here. There were some scary moments for sure, but most of those had to do with convincing my body it was okay to take in breaths underwater. :O Scuba gear is pretty straightforward to use, but it feels like such a leap of faith.

Only bad thing was that the rental underwater cameras were all broken. :c We did rent underwater video though, so I should get a copy of that sometime. Should be cool. The tank was SO BIG and there were so many sharks/weird fishes... There were these huge grouper fish that were like six feet long and a thousand pounds. Their eyes were like the size of my face. And the sharks were just beautiful. I forget what kinds exactly there were in the tank, but even though they were big they weren't frightening at all. You could tell they didn't really care who or what was in the water with them the majority of the time. But they're so much more impressive than they look from behind glass. I'm so happy I decided to try the dive. I'm already thinking about trying to take lessons or get certified when I get home. If I decide to focus on archaeology in grad school it could be really useful to learn about wreck diving, etc.

What else... I've got two weeks & five days left until I come home.

What's up with these videos being all creepy at the beginning :*c

No comments:

Post a Comment