Tuesday, March 15, 2011

11 / ???

Well... Here I am, in class... Or what should be class...? But my children are missing. Apparently today was some kind of nation-wide drilling for earthquakes/disasters, etc...

I am sort of at the bottom of the totem pole here at school -- that and people still are shy about using English with me -- so I don't really hear about things until they're happening. No little pumpkins showed up for English today. I was sitting here wondering where they'd gone when all the sirens started, etc. Then I guess the teachers remembered I'd have no idea what was going on & sent a representative to tell me about it. :p They said that my kids would come back afterward, but the sirens have been off for maybe forty minutes now & nothing. I don't mind having a little break/bit of quiet time to myself, though... A little room to think is nice. I keep glancing at the door expecting them to bust through any second now. (The students have two settings: LOUD and LOUDER.)

I think I hear them coming now?

...

:x All the shouting & stomping little feets!

No comments:

Post a Comment