Sunday, February 20, 2011

5 / Weekend 2

>Highlights of my weekend in Seoul:

Street Food / I could never get bored of trying new food. (: We stopped for dinner in a tiny tiny tiny little room off the side of a street where this old woman made us all our dishes right in front of us. When I say tinnyyyy, I mean smaller than my room back home. Amazing :O So good.

Bath House / Place you can stay over for 12 dollars a night, sleep, and use all the nice sauna and bath stuff. There were rooms full of hot jade stones and salt. Plus I got to walk around naked. Wheeee

Sweet Potato Latte / Sounds awful, changed my life.

Had a really great weekend with everyone. (: We went on a field trip to see Cookin' Nanta, and to Building 63 where there was a wax museum and aquarium. I made it all the way to the top AND I stood on the glass floor. . .For a second. . . Didn't cure my phobia, though :'c Good try, Sean.

Then we all sort of went our separate ways. Went shopping in crazy crowded streets. Can't get over the feeling of Seoul.

I really sit down and try to write, but it's like when I do I can't seem to remember it all clearly enough to write as well as I should. But if anyone is ever in Korea, I do recommend visiting at a bathhouse. It was amazing. Lying down in the hot jade... Going into an oxygen room... Soaking in those massage-y pools... Nice. c: We did have to sleep on the floor, though. With wooden pillows! And if they weren't wooden, they were hard sponges.

Today, Sunday, we were in Myeongdong shopping. So crowded! So crazy. I didn't find anything, but walking around was so great. I think I'm getting used to the movement here. People are always going somewhere, and always so fast too; they don't care if they bump into you a little.

Time at Orientation though is winding down. :C After Tuesday, everyone is off to their province. All of us in the same province will be together another few days, and then we're all heading to our cities and towns. I'm really getting excited, but I'm incredibly nervous as well. The next couple of days are going to go by so fast.


by the way, here are my two favorite gums I've tried here :s

One is XYLITOL, and the other is Rose flavored.

Now, XYLITOL doesn't sound *or* look safe to eat, but I bought it anyway. Something about the bottle made it seem like something that might make my life better. AND IT DOES. It's so minty and fruity and amazing. Why don't US brands make anything minty AND fruity AND good? That looks like vitamins? Psychology. Don't I look ready to face the world in that photo? Thanks, XYLITOL.

The Rose one is just nice and smells so pretty. Then when you chew it, it's like minty pretty.

EVERYTHING here is pretty. I was in a Starbucks the other day? It had everything Starbucks has at home, but somehow it was... better? Even the simplest things are so well put together and presented. I love it here.

2 comments:

  1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xylitol It's the sugar normally used in sugarless gum. Apparently it's also a gum brand itself.

    ReplyDelete